Saturday, June 6, 2009

podcast and sock mania

My knitting has taken on new heights with the motivation of Kelley Petkun's KnitPicks podcast. I started listening to her podcasts a few weeks ago and I'm pumped and newly inspired about all the possibilities:)

I finished my first cable project (Irish Hiking Scarf) a few weeks ago - a bit late for the cold weather...or shall I say, early for next winter?

I'm working on my first pair of socks! I've turned my heel and I'm on the gusset stitches...not without difficulty, though - this is my 5th attempt!!!!! Well, technically, I've knitted a sock (not a pair), but that was just practice on worsted yarn and size 5 dpns to get used to the process. This pair I'm on now is like "knitting hair on toothpicks!"* I'm using real sock yarn (Araucania Ronco - Mauve) and size 1 dpns.

*My friend Susan, who taught me how to knit, calls sock knitting this:)

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Congratulations on the scarf! That's really funny about the sock knitting! :)