Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My first felted project - in progress


I ordered the patterns for the Oregon Tote and Tote Around from knitkit.com a couple weeks ago. I started on the Oregon Tote first and I'm about 90% finished with it. I'm working on the i-cords for the straps and I might knit some pockets for it before I felt it. This is what I have finished so far...

I had to go onto youtube to learn the i-cord bind off...I linked CraftyAndy's video here for you to see...his demo was just what I needed!





The only issue with my bag is the size...pre-felting it measures 19" x 13" x 7"...it should be 18" x 16" x 10". My gauge is off because I used US size 10-3/4 (7mm) circulars instead of US size 11 (8mm) and I tend to knit tightly...I tried knitting loosely, but that's just not how my hands work. Next time I knit this, I'll buy size 11 or larger. (I'm getting my supplies as I go along so that I don't break the bank in one trip! I learned my lesson when I tried scrapbooking and that got too expensive!)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

First to comment! Yippee! We have another NEGA-SnB member working on the Oregon Tote, Lynn. Welcome to the Ravelry group!

:) Nicole